This amazing simple and easy to cook recipe for a Grilled Chimichurri Steak, is really easy to cook on your Charcoal Grill. Although you can cook on a gas grill, we recommend the charcoal grill to give that bit of extra flavor and smokey taste to it.
These types of recipes are amazing to taste and really simple to prepare and cook. A steak like this is best done outside on your charcoal grill, with friends and family, some wine and cold beers.
Grilled Chimichurri Steak
TOTAL TIME: 30 min
PREP: 15 min
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. dry red wine (such as Shiraz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper salt 5 lb. skirt steak
1. Place the following items into the cup of a blender; cilantro, parsley, oil, wine, juice, vinegar, jalapenos, garlic, salt, and 2 tablespoons water, blend by pulsing until almost smooth but not completely.
2. Set your grill or cooking apparatus to high heat.
3. Season your steaks with salt and pepper liberally.
4. Place the steaks onto the hot grill, marking well without moving for 6 minutes.
5. Flip the steaks and cook 4 more minutes for medium doneness.
6. Let the steaks rest on a plate for at least 10 minutes before serving.
7. Slice the steaks against the grain and lather with the sauce *.
Grilled Chimichurri Steak can be best served wtih a nice garded salad outside at a BBQ. and please make sure you clean your grill afterwards as any mariande flavoured meat is sure to leave a sticky mess.
* You can make this explosive Latin sauce up to 12 hours ahead of the meal. Make sure you store the sauce in a fridge.