The whole Idea of being able to enjoy living out the back is to be able to enjoy the small things in life. Cooking is one of those must do things every day, and there is nothing better than getting outside and firing up the Charcoal BBQ, and cooking an amazing dish, try this grilled Piri Piri chicken recipe, which is perfect for your grill.
Grilled Piri Piri Chicken recipe
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 35 min
1 chicken (about 11/2 kg/3lb 5oz)
4 red chilies, chopped (deseeded if you don’t like it too spicy)
3 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce (optional), to serve
1. Butterfly a whole chicken by taking the backbone out and flattening it with your hands, cracking bones a bit. (this will make it juicier during cooking)
2. In the bowl of a food processor blend the garlic, chilies, salt, paprika, vinegar, parsley, and oil together.
3. Spread the mixture all over the chicken and let it sit chilled for at least 1 hour, but up to 14 hours. (you may also freeze the chicken at this stage for later use)
4. Heat your grill unit to high heat.
5. Cook the chicken skin side down first for 20 minutes.
6. Flip the chicken and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the internal breast and thigh reach 165F.
7. Serve the chicken with lemon wedges and hot sauce.
We have plenty of awesome grilling recipes that you can enjoy year round. BBQ Grilling is a fantastic outdoors way for you to enjoy cooking. So we hope you enjoy this grilled Piri Piri chicken recipe.