We are always looking for new and interesting ways to cook on the grill as well as ways to give things a unique flavor, when we found this grill recipe for Pulled Pork with a Jack Daniels glaze, we wanted to share it.
Jack Daniel’s BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3 to 4 Pounds of Pork Shoulders
- 3 Teaspoons of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Seasoned Salt
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Celery Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
- Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce
Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Diced
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup of Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup of Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Add 1/3 Cup of Coca Cola
- 1/3 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 3 Pinches of Salt & Pepper
- Pulled Pork Ingredients
Gather all of the listed spices and combine them into a small mixing bowl.
Take the pork & slice it into roughly 2 inch sized cubes.
Dump the pork cubes into a big container of your choice & lightly shower the spice mix over top.
Cover the container with tin foil, & clear a spot for it in your refrigerator.
After you have set the pork in the refrigerator, you can move on to making the BBQ sauce.
Set your stove to medium/high, place a medium size pot on top, & mix together all of the listed BBQ sauce ingredients inside while it begins to boil.
Once it has been evenly mixed, & has started to boil, turn the temperature down to low & let it simmer for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove your sauce from the stove top, set it down carefully, then go get the pork out of the refrigerator.
Take the pork to your slow cooker & place it inside along with the onion & garlic.
Next, coat the pork with 3/4 of the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. You will later need the last 1/4 for the last 1/2 hour of slow cooking.
Set your slow cooker to low heat and make sure the timer is set for 9.5 hours.
When the time is up, take out the pork and set it on a cutting board one piece at a time.
After the pork has been pulled, put it back inside the slow cooker, keep the heat on low, coat it with the last 1/4 of the BBQ sauce.
Slow cook for 30 more minutes.
Then serve and enjoy.